Value Stream Mapping is a preferred tool for identifying and understanding where waste and non-value added activities exist. It is a paper-and-pencil representation that helps you see and understand the flow of material and information as a product makes its way through your production process. This course will impart you with knowledge on how to evaluate current production process, identify the value added and non-value added steps, and envision an improved (future) production process.
Course Duration: Approximately 45 minutes.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define Value Stream Mapping
- Its approach and benefits
- Distinguish between Value Stream Mapping and Process Mapping
- Explain Value Stream Mapping methodologies
- Implement Value Stream Mapping process
On completion of the course you will be able to evaluate the current process and employ an improved production process.
- No previous knowledge about the concept is required.